THE DOCUMENTATION ON THESE PAGES IS INTENDED FOR USE BY OVIATT LIBRARY FACULTY. NON-LIBRARY CSUN FACULTY SHOULD CONTACT CSUN IT FOR HELP SETTING UP WEB SITES ON THE CAMPUS SERVER
Establishing/Changing site settings in Dreamweaver
A Dreamweaver "site" is a structure that remembers the relationship
of all the pages, images, and links created in it.
Note: The following
instructions are for setting up a Dreamweaver site to develop pages. It is assumed that:
- You have desktop access to a personal folder within the H:\WebSite2 folder
- You have a personal folder on the library web server and SFTP access to it
If you need help establishing either, please contact Elizabeth Altman
- In the top menu bar, select Site > Manage sites. The Site
Definition dialog box will open. Select the name of your personal page site, and click Edit, or if this is a new site, click New. . ..
- Click the Basic tab.
- Type in a name for your site (this can be arbitrary, but should be distinctive
– it has no bearing on the location of your files). Click Next.
- Select No, I do not want to use server technology, and
- Select Edit local copies on my machine, then upload to server
- Under Where do you want the computer to store your files?
type H:\Website2. Click Next.
- Under How do you connect to your remote server?, select
FTP and fill in the following information
- What is the host name or FTP address of your web server?
- What folder on the server do you want to store your files
- What is your FTP login? your login id -- e.g. ealtman
- What is your FTP password? (type your FTP password) (note: if you check "Save" you should only have to do this once. If Dreamweaver "forgets" your password, please contact Elizabeth -- you need a software update).
- Check "Use Secure FTP (SFTP)."
- Click the Advanced tab. In the "Remote Info"
panel, check the box marked "Use Passive FTP." Click the Basic
- Click the Test Connection button. If you get any message
other than Macromedia Dreamweaver connected to your Web server
successfully, review your steps. Click Next.
- Select No, do not enable check in and check out, and
click Next. Review the site information summary and click