THE DOCUMENTATION ON THESE PAGES IS INTENDED FOR USE BY OVIATT LIBRARY FACULTY. NON-LIBRARY CSUN FACULTY SHOULD CONTACT CSUN IT FOR HELP SETTING UP WEB SITES ON THE CAMPUS SERVER
Dreamweaver Orientation Part 2: Views and Tools
- Code View to edit HTML directly
- Design View for "WYSIWYG" interface
- Split View for both
- Text properties (appear when cursor is in
a text area of page):
- Format: paragraph, H1, H2, et.
- Link – select text in document, then
type or paste in link. You can also browse the little folder to
select your link, or drag the little target to a file in your Site panel.
- Bold and Italics buttons
- Create lists buttons.
- Indent and Outdent buttons
– use only in lists, or Dreamweaver will insert the <BLOCKQUOTE>
tag (which should be used only with true block quotes).
- Image properties (appear when an image
- W and H -- represents the
display size of image, in pixels; should match the real dimensions
of the image.
- Src -- indicates the location of image, relative
to your page
- Link -- to link an image, type or paste in
link address. You can also browse the little folder to select
your link, or drag the little target to a file in your Site panel.
- Alt-- indicates alt text; if it's
blank, type in relevant alt information about the image.
- V space and H space: creates
space around the image so it isn't smashed up against text or
- Border -- width of border in pixels
- Table Properties (appear when cursor is in a table)
- Merge and Split buttons
- To merge cells, select two or more cells and click the left button.
- To split a cell, place cursor in cell and click the right button. Dialog will allow you to split it horizontally or vertically.
- W and H -- must be set in % rather than pixels.
- Header -- to designate a row or column as a header (for a data table), select the row or column and check this box
- Bg -- sets background color or image for individual cell. (Warning: this attribute is deprecated.)
- Brdr -- sets border color for individual cell. Do not use -- will not pass W3C validation.
You can copy, delete, duplicate, or rename and file or folder in the file
list of this panel right-clicking on it and selecting the appropriate
menu option. You can move files from one folder to another using the drag-and-drop
- Local View - indicates that you are looking at the files in the
H:\Websites folder. Select Remote View to view files you have uploaded
to the server.
- Connection status button - you can click this button to connect
- Refresh button
- Click the green up or blue down arrows for uploading and downloading files and other items. IMPORTANT!! The first time you upload to or download from your site Dreamweaver
will ask you "Included Dependent Files?" Select No,
and check the "Do not ask me again" box.
See Managing Assets for information on the Assets tab.