Most family titles are located in the HQ 503-1064 call number section located on the 3rd floor of the library.
- HQ503-1064 The family. Marriage. Home
- HQ750-755.5 Eugenics
- HQ755.7-759.92 Parents. Parenthood (Including parent and child, husbands, fathers, wives, mothers)
- HQ760-767.7 Family size
- HQ767.8-792.2 Children. Child development (Including child rearing, child life, play, socialization, children's rights)
- HQ793-799.2 Youth. Adolescents. Teenagers
- HQ799.5-799.9 Young men and women
- HQ799.95-799.97 Adulthood
- HQ800-800.4 Single people
- HQ801-801.83 Man-woman relationships. Courtship. Dating
- HQ802 Matrimonial bureaus. Marriage brokerage
- HQ802.5 Matrimonial advertisements
- HQ803 Temporary marriage. Trial marriage. Companionate marriage
- HQ804 Breach of promise
- HQ805 Desertion
- HQ806 Adultery
- HQ811-960.7 Divorce
- HQ961-967 Free love
- HQ981-996 Polygamy
- HQ997 Polyandry
- HQ998-999 Illegitimacy. Unmarried mothers
- HQ1001-1006 The state and marriage
- HQ1051-1057 The church and marriage
- HQ1058-1058.5 Widows and widowers. Widowhood
- HQ1060-1064 Aged. Gerontology (Social aspects). Retirement
- Family relations: interdisciplinary journal of applied family studies - includes basic and applied articles that focus on diverse family forms and issues including aging, child & parent relationships, cross-cultural/international issues, families across the life cycle, family diversity, family health, family interventions, family life education, family policy, family therapy, gender & family relationships, marital enrichment, marital strengths, minority families, religion and the family, sex education, sexual and emotional abuse, stress and relationships, and women's issues
- Journal of family theory & review - includes original contributions in all areas of family theory, including new advances in theory development, reviews of existing theory, and analyses of the interface of theory and method, as well as integrative and theory based reviews of content areas, and book reviews
- Journal of marriage and family - includes original research and theory, research interpretation and reviews, and critical discussion concerning all aspects of marriage, other forms of close relationships, and families
You can search the library catalog by Journal title by selecting the Journals tab.
- The Oviatt Library subscribes to over 2,300 print and over 50,000 online periodicals, which include research journals, magazines, and newspapers.
- Select the optional checkbox to search electronic periodicals only.
NOTE: The Library catalog offers title searching for periodicals, but not for specific articles. For access to periodical articles, search the databases listed on the Library's Databases by Subject page.