Northridge Academy High School students have the opportunity to borrow materials from the Oviatt Library. The high school library should always be the first place to go when conducting research. However, a high school Library Media Teacher may refer students to the Oviatt Library if he/she determines materials are needed that the high school library cannot provide. Borrowing privileges are valid during the academic year of the high school.
Northridge Academy High School students may:
- borrow up to three books at a time and keep each book for two weeks.
- renew each book one time. Books can be renewed by calling our Renewal Line at 818-677-4745 or online at Renewal Request via Email.
- access computers in the Oviatt Library Reference Room on the first floor of the Library.
- receive reference assistance from librarians at the Oviatt Library.
How to Get a Library Card
Students must bring a high school-issued photo I.D. card and a completed permission slip to the Oviatt Library circulation desk. The student’s name must be on the AP student roster, furnished and maintained by the student’s high school. Please contact the respective high school Library Media Teacher to confirm a name(s) on the list prior to coming to the Oviatt Library.
Late fees and other issues
- Overdue books will incur a 15-cent per day excessive use fee.
- Lost or damaged books will incur a $10 processing fee in addition to replacement costs.
- The Oviatt Library is an adult environment containing research-level collections. There are no filters on the Internet terminals, and students’ Internet research is not monitored.
Search Databases from home
Link to Los Angles Public Library (LAPL) databases – access LAPL databases by using your LAPL library card (http://databases.lapl.org/)
Printing is available on the main floor and requires the use of a debit card. Debit cards may be purchased at the West Coast Copy office, Oviatt 111D, or from a machine near the print station. $1 will purchase a debit card with 50 cents credit on the card to start. (Debit card costs 50 cents.) It costs 10 cents a sheet to print.