- Learn How to do Library and Internet research: determine information need, choose best resources, develop a search strategy, understand keyword and subject searching, how to use boolean operators and truncation symbols, how to cite sources, and more.
- Learn how to use the Library Catalog to find books and periodicals (journals, magazines and newspapers), online encyclopedias, videos and more on your topic. For items we have in print in the library, you need the Floor number and call number. For material we get online, follow the link in the box that advises Available Electronically.
- Learn how to use Databases by Subject Recreation and Tourism Management at http://library.csun.edu/xerxes/databases/subject/recreation-and-tourism-management .
- Learn to look for the Full Text and Find text links in databases which will help you identify if CSUN has access to the item.
- Learn about OneSearch - it searches over 150 databases and the Oviatt Library Catalog. It is very efficient when you need to look up a particular article or you search by topic, for example cultural tourism or cultural heritage management. Remember to save a record, view saved records to see the EXPORT to EndNoteWeb
Learn about Cite your Sources at http://library.csun.edu/Guides/ResearchStrategies/CitationStyleGuides
- Oviatt Library's Citing your sources offers various examples http://library.csun.edu/Guides/ResearchStrategies/CitationStyleGuides
- Endnote Web a bibliographic management software which allows you to collect records, make notes, download a plug in for microsoft word which you can help you cite your resources