The Oviatt Library Learning Commons now has Media Scape collaborative study tables located west of the Research Assistance Desk. The Media Scape tables allow multiple laptops, tablets, and smart phone devices to be simultaneously connected to large screen monitors. If you're sharing documents, images, video, or websites, anyone in the group can push their screen easily to the group monitor by tapping a button.
To Use Media Scape:
- Open the well in center of table and remove a round Puck
Connect the Puck to your laptop's HDMI port. If you don’t have an HDMI port, the following adapters are available for 2-hour checkout in the Learning Commons Technology office:
- HDMI to lightning (for iPads)
- HDMI to Displayport (required by some Windows laptops)
- HDMI to Mini Displayport (required by some Macbooks)
- Display your screen on the large monitor by pressing the Puck attached to your device.