Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and supervise the Cataloging and Database Maintenance Unit
- Bibliographer/Subject Specialist for: Linguistics/TESL and Modern & Classical Languages (Armenian, Chinese, Farsi, French, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Russian and Spanish)
- Reference and bibliographic instruction
- Descriptive & Subject Cataloging
- Metadata & Digital Library Initiatives
- Teaching & Training (Cataloging and Metadata)
MLIS, San Jose State University (2006)
- Spectrum Scholarship (Spectrum/ACRL Scholar), 2003
- Graduate coursework in Romance Linguistics (Syntax)
BA (English), California State University, Northridge (1990)
- Mary Cleary Scholarship, Fall 1989
ALCTS CCS RDA Implementation & Training Task Force, Member, 2009-
ALCTS CCS Education, Training, and Recruitment for Cataloging Committee, Chair, 2008-2009, Intern, 2007-2008.
ALCTS Electronic Resources Interest Group, Chair Elect, 2007-2008.ALCTS and Library of Congress Cataloging for the 21st Century, Trainer (Rules & Tools for Cataloging Internet Resources; Metadata Standards and Applications; Metadata and Digital Library Development; and Digital Project Planning & Management Basics)
CSUN Academic Affairs Web Architecture Committee, Member, 2007-2008.
CSUN Library Technology Committee, Member, August 2008-
CSUN Electronic Library Working Group (ELCOM), Member, January 2007-July 2008.
CSUN Learning Object Metadata Group, Member, 2007-