Kinesiology: an Oviatt Library Research Guide- http://library.csun.edu/mhenry/kinesiology.html
Subject Headings with links to retrieve books, videos,
journals, and theses in the
CSUN Online Catalog
CSUN library uses Library of Congress Subject Headings when . Following
are a select list of LC subject headings appropriate for research on topics
for kinesiology and physical education. Each LC subject heading is
a link into our CSUN
catalog. Remember to Sort Results by date to get the most recent books first. If you want to retrieve ALL
books that mention the keyword(s) anywhere in the catalog record change
the search from a subject search to a keyword anywhere.
To search for materials from
other libraries, get help on How to Cite, search the freely available WorldCat database at http://www.worldcat.org
Call Number Ranges (for browsing the Book Stacks):
- Floor 3 QP303 Kinesiology ; RC1200 Sports Medicine
- Floor 2 GV Physical Training, Physical Education, Sports, Dance
The best way to find articles on a specific topic is to search in a database, most of which index thousands of articles in thousands of journals. Not all articles are available full-text online; some are in print only and some are not available from the Library except through interlibrary loan. To determine the availability of an article, most databases offer the FindText button.
Below are recommended databases for Kinesiology . They can be accessed either from Databases A-Z, as well as from the Databases by Subject: Kinesiology at http://library.csun.edu/xerxes/databases/Kinesiology
You can also build your own database of records you retrieve from the following databases by creating a free account with Endnote Web at http://myendnoteweb.com.
Search up to ten (10) Kinesiology databases simultaneously and save records in your SimpleSearch Account. Create your own set of databases in your SimpleSearch account.
indexes over 5,000 medical journals from 1950- present. Also offers free access to Myendnote web, bibliographic management software, which help you cite references in format requested by your professor: APA or JAMA style
- Offers Medline (currently indexing over 5,000 journals), several molecular biology and chemical databases. Some full text journals and books, 1950-
Physical Eduation Index
- Indexes 293 journals, reports, conferences and more, 1970-; abstracts 2001-
CINAHL Plus with Full Text (EBSCO)
- Indexes over 3,000 nursing and allied health journals, with cited references from 1,600 journals; provides full-text access to many journals and other sources, 1937-
Health Reference Center (Thomson Gale)
- Indexes over 900 health and allied health journals with full text articles in 686 journals, 1980-
Academic Search Elite (EBSCO)
- Abstracts to 3,000 journals (over 1,500 peer-reviewed journals), with full text to more than 2,000 of the journals. Dates may vary, most from 1985-
Wilson OmniFile Full Text Mega
- Cross-searching of Education Index with Full Text, General Science Index with Full Text, Humanities Abstracts with Full Text, Readers' Guide Retrospective and Readers' Guide Full Text, Social Sciences Index with Full Text, Business Index with Full Text, Applied Science & Technology Full Text, Art Full Text, Biological & Agricultural Index Plus, Index to Legal Periodicals Full Text, Library Literature & Information Science Full Text.
- Abstracts 775 education journals, ED reports, 1966-
- Index with abstracts to over 1,700 scientific journals published by Elsevier; with full-text access to over 1,400 journals.
Oviatt Library Catalog
- CSUN University Library Catalog indexes books, periodicals, media and other materials held by the Oviatt Library.
- OCLC catalog of books and other materials in libraries worldwide. Contains over 62 million records for all types of materials cataloged by OCLC member libraries.
Cochrane Library (Wiley)
- Several evidence based medical databases, with protocols, controlled trials, and full-text reviews.
Education Full Text (Wilson)
- Articles from over 550 education journals; indexing 1983-, abstracts 1994-, select full text 1996-
The following are journals CSUN
owns in paper and electronically. The links to the journal titles
go to the journal title's catalog record in CSUN
Catalog: Periodicals. The catalog record gives you the call
number for the journal in print and also provides a link to the online
journal when journal is available online.
Library Catalog Periodical Title Search gives you access to over 25,000 electronic journals. To search for electronic periodicals only, check the "Search electronic periodicals only" checkbox.
This page was created by and is maintained by Marcia Henry.
Any questions or comments can be sent to mailto: email@example.com.