English 098 (Jackson): "Current Issues"
Argument/Issue Library Resources
- Opposing viewpoints series
- Location: various
- Encyclopedia of social issues / editor, John K. Roth.
- Location: Reference Room HN57 .E59 1997 6 v.
Find Books: Check the Library Catalog
- A wide variety of information including: articles from Newspapers, journals,
law reviews, case law and more
- Provides full text of 300+ major U.S. and international newspapers,
including the Los Angeles Times, New York Times, the Times (London), and
the Daily News .
- Tip: Recent issues of the Los Angeles Times and the Daily News newspapers
are available online. Lexis-Nexis Academic carries the current 6 months
of the Los Angeles Times as well as other California newspapers. Proquest
Newpapers carries a much longer backfile for the Los Angeles Times, 1885-.
Find Articles: Magazines and Articles
- Full-text and citations from journals and magazines, may limit to only
search full-text, within a specific date range and peer reviewed journals
- Location: REFRM H35 .C67 and online
- Full-text database of selected newspapers, magazines and journals of
the ethnic, minority and native press in the United States. Alternative
to mainstream media so gives a different perspective
- InfoTrac OneFile
- Includes Expanded Academic. Full-text and citations from journals and
magazines, may limit to only search full-text, within a specific date
range and refereed journals
- Contains unique and diverse publications that focus on how gender impacts
a broad spectrum of subject areas. With archival material dating back
to 1970, GenderWatch is a repository of an important historical perspective
on the evolution of both the women's movement and major changes in gender
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Use Google
- Limit by domain type
and Style Guides
- Location: Online
- MLA handbook.
- Location: REF LB2369 .G53 2002
- MLA style manual and guide to scholarly publishing / Joseph Gibaldi.
- Location: REFRM PN147 .G444 1998
MLA-Style Bibliography Builder 1.0b by Dennis G. Jerz
- The world's easiest guide to using the MLA : a user-friendly manual
for formatting research papers according to the Modern Language Association
style guide / Carol J. Amato; edited by Claudia Suzanne.
- Location: Ref and Floor 2 LB2369 .A488 1999
- Writing research papers : a complete guide / James D. Lester, James
- Reserve Room: LB2369 .L4 2002
Last Updated: 14-May-2010