English 155 (Zang): "Comparing photographs: Weegee and Mark"
Dictionary of art (34 v.)
- Location: Reference Room N31.D5 1996 and online
- Icons of photography : the 20th century. Munich ; New
York : Prestel, 1999.
- Location: Reference Room TR 653 F66213 1999.
Find Books: Check the Library Catalog
Search for the Library's book and journal titles
to other library catalogs
World Cat, Melvyl and more!
Search Weegee as author and subject
Search Mark, Mary Ellen as author and subject
For other examples, search subject: Documentary photography
Find Articles: Indexes
- Arts and
Humanities [Citation] Search (AHSearch) (FirstSearch 2)
- Indexes articles, bibliographies, editorials, letters, reviews, and
more from over 1,3000 journals. Provides searches for "cited"
authors. Search author names: Last name, First Initial. Names as subjects,
Search author names: Last name, FirstNameLocation: Online
- Corresponds to the Art Index (print). Contains articles and reproductions
of works of art that appear in 400+ indexed periodicals 1984 to the present.
Indexes major English-language periodicals, yearbooks, and museum bulletins,
as well as European periodicals in a number of different languages. Provides
access to a wide range of bibliographies, notices of competitions and
awards, reports of conferences, exhibition listings, review articles,
interviews, and film reviews.
- Index to articles in the arts and humanities
- Collection of full text scholarly journals in the arts and humanities.
Search Weegee or "Mary Ellen Mark"
Find Articles: Newpapers
Historical Newspapers The New York Times (1851 - 2001)
- Many of Weegee's photographs appeared in the New York Times. Also book
reviews and articles about exhibitions
- Tip: Recent issues of the Los Angeles Times and the Daily News newspapers
are available online. Lexis-Nexis Academic carries the current 6 months
of the Los Angeles Times as well as other California newspapers. Proquest
Newpapers carries a much longer backfile for the Los Angeles Times, 1885-.
Find Articles: Magazines and Articles
- Full-text and citations from journals and magazines, may limit to only
search full-text, within a specific date range and peer reviewed journals
- InfoTrac OneFile
- Includes Expanded Academic. Full-text and citations from journals and
magazines, may limit to only search full-text, within a specific date
range and refereed journals
- Getty Museum: Explore Artists
Visual Culture: Ways of Looking at All Things Visual
- Course notes for Martin Irvine, Georgetown University
- Google Advanced Search
- Search by name
and Style Guides
- Location: Online
- MLA handbook.
- Location: REF LB2369 .G53 2002
- MLA style manual and guide to scholarly publishing / Joseph Gibaldi.
- Location: REFRM PN147 .G444 1998
MLA-Style Bibliography Builder 1.0b by Dennis G. Jerz
- The world's easiest guide to using the MLA : a user-friendly manual
for formatting research papers according to the Modern Language Association
style guide / Carol J. Amato; edited by Claudia Suzanne.
- Location: Ref and Floor 2 LB2369 .A488 1999
- Writing research papers : a complete guide / James D. Lester, James
- Reserve Room: LB2369 .L4 2002
Last Updated: 14-May-2010