Step 1: Select Your Topic
Your goal in this first step is to learn enough about your topic to identify a specific question to answer or a hypothesis to test.
“Research is formalized curiosity. It is poking and prying with a purpose.”
What do you know about your assignment?
Before beginning, you must be able to answer the following:
- What are you supposed to be doing and why?
- What is the due date?
- What is the length of the assignment?
- What kind and how many sources are required?
- What citation style will be used?
- Who will your audience be?