Step 5: Reflect
Your goal in this step is to evaluate your completed product and the process you used to create the product.
“The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.”
How did you do? How can you improve next time?
Consider your assignment and the product you created and ask yourself:
Step 1: Select Your Topic
- Is the completed product exactly what you were assigned to do?
- Did you do adequate preliminary research on your topic?
- Did you formulate a compelling thesis?
Step 2: Locate and Retrieve
- Did you use sources in a variety of formats?
- Did you ask a librarian for assistance in finding information?
- Did you use carefully selected keywords to search for your information?
Step 3: Read, Evaluate, and Organize
- Did you evaluate the credibility and purpose of your resources?
- Did you use a reliable system to record your information?
- Did you adequately answer your original question or prove your hypothesis?
- Did you support your thesis with authoritative sources?
- Did you build on your understanding of the subject?
- What new information did you learn or create about your topic?
Step 4: Create
- Has your work been carefully reviewed and edited?
- Is your work complete? Is it neat?
- Does it include a Works Cited or References page?
- Are your sources credited in the proper format?
Step 5: Reflect
- Would you be proud for anyone to view your work?
- Which of the previous steps did you do best?
- What have you learned from this process?
- How can you improve next time?
Was this Research Project Calculator helpful? We appreciate any feedback about how we might improve this service for our students. Please take the time to fill out our fast and easy Feedback Form.