Due to current public health guidelines for higher education, the CSUN Library continues to be virtual only, and therefore public access to the Library and the AP Student program are suspended. Furthermore, we also cannot extend contactless book circulation services to community members or courtesy cardholders due to our need to prioritize our limited resources to current CSUN students and employees.
In the meantime, we invite you to explore historic photographs, scholarly journals, musical scores, all issues of the CSUN Sundial student newspaper, and important government information using , open access scientific journals and masters theses, and electronic government documents, all freely available to the public. For public access to other online resources and curbside book checkouts, we encourage you to visit Los Angeles Public Library or your local library.
The University Library is pleased to offer some of our services to eligible high school students in Advanced Placement classes at Los Angeles Unified School District high schools in the San Fernando Valley and other select area high schools in the San Fernando Valley. Please see our Interactive Programming Map for a quick overview.
See below for details of the program. Information regarding the Advanced Placement Student Program is mailed to eligible high school principals and library media teachers in the Fall. Advanced placement students at the following high schools may be eligible to participate in the program:
- Arleta High School
- Birmingham High School
- Canoga Park High School
- Chatsworth High School
- Chavez Academy of Scientific Exploration
- Chavez Social Justice Humanitas Academy
- Chavez Technology Preparatory Academy
- Cleveland High School
- East Valley High School
- El Camino Real High School
- Fulton College Prep. High School
- John H. Francis Polytechnic High School
- Granada Hills Charter High School
- High Tech High LA School
- John F. Kennedy High School
- James Monroe High School
- North Hollywood High School
- Northridge Academy High School
- Panorama High School
- Reseda High School
- San Fernando High School
- Sherman Oaks CES (Center for Enriched Studies)
- Sun Valley High School
- Sylmar High School
- Taft High School Valley Academy of Arts & Science
- Ulysses S. Grant High School & Communications/Technology Magnet
- Valley Alternative High School
- Van Nuys High School
- Verdugo Hills High School
What privileges are available?
Eligible students may:
- Borrow up to three items at a time from the University Library.
- Receive reference assistance from librarians at the University Library.
- Access computers in the University Library.
What are the requirements to participate?
- Students' names must appear on the Advanced Placement student roster sent by their high school.
- Students must register in-person at the University Library Guest Services desk.
- Students must bring a valid, high school-issued photo I.D.
- Students must bring a completed permission slip, signed by their parent or guardian.
What are the borrowing privileges for students in the Advanced Placement Student Program?
- Three items at a time
- Two-week check out period
- One renewal for an additional two weeks
For more information, please contact Reference & Instructional Services at 677-2277 or Coleen Martin, 677-6396.