The Creative Media Studio (CMS) will be celebrating 5 amazing years of serving CSUN students with a 5 Year Anniversary celebration and student competition/showcase. Please join us on Tuesday, September 10, 2019 from 3:00pm - 5:00pm on the Main Floor, West Wing of the Oviatt Library as we celebrate 5 years of the Creative Media Studio. As part of our celebration, we would like to showcase student creations with CMS resources.
Competition Rules and Guidelines:
- Each student is allowed to submit ONE ENTRY to one of the following categories to showcase their best work:
- Videography - Each video must be no more than 5 minutes long and 500mb in size (.mov or .mp4)
- Photography - One photo allowed for this submission no more than 10mb in size(.jpg or .png)
- Graphic Design - One design allowed for this submission no more than 10mb in size (.jpg, .png or .pdf)
- Audio - Each audio clip must be no more than 5 minutes long and 250mb in size (.mp3 or .wav)
- 3D Printing - One photo OR one short video of your 3D print (.jpg, .png, .mov or .mp4)
- Each submission must have been created or edited utilizing at least one Creative Media Studio resource such as:
- Edited using software from our iMac or PC computer stations
- Printed from our 3D printers
- Made with our Audio Recording Studio
- Created using our multimedia equipment checkout
- Your creation must be made within the last 2 years
- You do not need to be a current CSUN student to submit. Alumni are also welcome to submit to this competition.
- Your submission file must be named in the following naming convention: firstname-lastname-category
- For example: John-Smith-GraphicDesign
- If your project is hosted somewhere (Youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud, etc.) you may optionally add a link to this form instead of uploading it on the form or to box.com
Judges will rate submissions based on a range of factors. View Submission Rubric for the competition (.pdf).
If you would like to submit your work to our competition, please complete the CMS Student Competition and Showcase Submission Form below by Friday, August 30, 2019.