1. I need help, now!
If you need immediate research assistance visit Ask A Librarian to chat with a librarian, send the Oviatt a text message with your question, check the frequently asked questions, hours for the reference desk, and other ways to find help.
2. Visit the reference desk for more help.
The reference desk is staffed by librarians who specialize in the finding, organizing, accessing, and sharing information. You can stop by the reference desk anytime for assistance without an appointment and there is always a library faculty member, a librarian, to assist you.
Reference Desk (aka, Research Consultation) is located on the first floor of the Learning Commons [MAP].
3. Schedule an appointment.
You can schedule an appointment online using the You Can Book Me.
Latino Americans 2015-2016
CSUN was awarded a grant by the American Library Association and the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Arizona Read Out
Visit Bibliomaniac : And you're researchin' like you never did before!
Bibliomaniac provides details about new titles added to the collection for Chicano Studies and Central American Studies. Future posts will include updates from the Oviatt Library and more.
- Arrange a Library Instruction Session:
Instruction Request Form
- Recommend Book and Journal Titles:
Purchase Recommendation Form
Bibliography and Instruction Assignments
- Chicana/o Studies
- Central American Studies
- Intensive English Program
2009 California Academic and Research Libraries Research Award Winner (Mendes, L. Quinonez-Skinner, J. and Skaggs, D.).
- Curzon, S & Quinonez-Skinner, J. Academic Libraries. Encyclopedia of Library and Information Studies. Ed. Bates, Marcia J. (With Editor).
- Mendes, L., Quinonez-Skinner, J. & Skaggs D. (2009) Subjecting the Catalog to Tags. Library Hi Tech Volume 21 Issue 1 Page 30- 41 (Available online : www.emeraldinsight.com/10.1108/07378830910942892).
- Martin, C. and Quinonez-Skinner, J. Intensive English Program (IEP) and General Database, Library Instruction Session (Book Chapter Accepted, In Process).