The Oviatt Library has set aside computers in the "core" area near the escalators on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor for community use. However, priority is given to students, faculty, staff, and those using U.S. and California Government Depository materials when there are no other work station.
Visitor computer and printing access will move to the 1st floor of the library starting January 2018. The new Visitor Stations will be located on the last row of PC computers in the Learning Commons Core workstations (next to the LC-8 to LC-11 collaborative study rooms).
How to use a Visitor Computer Station
- Non-CSUN affiliated visitors can request a workstation by going to the Guest Services/Checkout Desk on the Library Main Floor and presenting a valid government-issued or school picture ID.
- Guest Services will issue each visitor a temporary PIN to log onto a Visitor Computer station.
- Visitors and community users will be limited to 2 hours of workstation use in a 24 hour period.
- CSUN students, faculty and staff will need to use a CSUN User ID and Password to log into these workstations.
The following software is loaded on the Windows public stations throughout the library: PC Software List (PDF)
Visitors using the visitor computer stations on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floor must print using a print/copy card. You can purchase a print/copy card at the card vending machine on the 3rd floor adjacent to the visitor computer stations.
How to print:
- Press CTRL+P and select the VISITOR on OVIATT printer
- Click Print, then go to the Visitor Print Release Station on the 3rd floor adjacent to the visitor computer stations.
- Insert your print/copy card at the release station to process and collect your print job
|Printer Name||Print Settings (cannot be changed)||Visitor Print Cost|
VISITOR on OVIATT
8 ½” x 11” paper size
Black and white
How to copy:
Photocopy machines are available on all floors of the Library. All utilize a value-added print/copy card, and some offer cash/coin operation. Copies are 10 cents each with a print/copy card and 20 cents each with cash/coin.
Use of Library computers is subject to the University Policy for Use of Computing Resources.
For more information on requesting visitor computing access please visit the Guest Services/Checkout Desk on the Library Main Floor.
Computer and printing/copying problems should be reported to the Learning Commons Technology office, or by calling 818-677-6304.