To create a convenient “one stop” experience for University Library users, the “Reserves, Periodicals & Microforms (RPM)” collections formerly located on the 4th floor, East Wing have relocated to the Main Floor as follows:
Course Reserves for Students
- Students can use the Course Reserves Search options to identify print or online books and other materials on reserve for their courses. Print materials on reserve are now shelved at and checked out from the Guest Services Desk, located in the Lobby.
Course Reserves Services for Faculty
- For faculty wanting to put library-owned, including recommended purchases, chapter scans, or personally-owned books, videos, and other materials on reserve for their courses, see How to Put Materials on Reserve.
- Faculty can drop off their personal materials to put on course reserve at the Guest Services desk, located in the Lobby, all hours the library is open, or arrange to bring them to reserves staff directly at (818) 677-3282 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print Periodicals and Newspapers
- Recent issues of print periodicals and newspapers will soon be shelved on the Main Floor, Learning Commons, next to the Bestsellers and Reference collections. Note: the Library also provides access to millions of articles from online periodicals and newspapers via OneSearch or Databases.
- Scanners for making copies are located in the Learning Commons
Microfilm and Scanner
- All microfilm, including the Daily News, can be requested from AS/RS storage via OneSearch, and picked up in about 10 minutes, at the Guest Services desk, located in the Lobby.
- A microfilm reader/scanner is located in the Learning Commons, next to the Reference Desk (instructions for using the equipment are posted and help is available at the Guest Services desk)