News & Updates
Construction Notice: Library Front Doors
Due to ongoing construction work on the south portico, CSUN students entering the Library must approach the main entrance from the southwest side of the portico, near Bayramian Hall. Users with locker pickups must access the lockers from the east portico, across from Sequoia Hall (see detailed map of construction zone). Thank you for your patience as we make necessary improvements to the University Library.
Coming to the Library
Hours Today: 7:45am to 10:45pm
More Library Hours
- Only current CSUN students, faculty (including emeritus and adjuncts), and staff are allowed to enter the Library at this time. See Library Entrance Requirements for more information.
- All floors and stacks are open and reservations are not required to enter the Library.
- Reserve a study room
- Masks must be worn inside the Library at all times, as per University Health and Safety policy.
- No eating allowed in the Library, but food may be brought in and taken outside to eat.
- Beverages are allowed if quick sips are taken to minimize mask removal.
- Library Health and Safety Practices during COVID-19
- Read the "Health and Safety" sections of the Matadors Forward Fall 2021 Planning Gateway for guidelines for returning to campus.
- Service Desk Hours
- Library computers are available to authorized Library users without a reservation
- Creative Media Studio - by reservation only; equipment checkout at Library Technology Service Desk
- Guest Services Desk: main collection checkout
- Locker Pickup Service for CSUN users and other valid CSUN Library cardholders
- Learning Resource Center—see LRC website
- Library Technology Services Desk
- Campus IT Help Desk
- Map Collection
- Music & Media
- Reference Desk (see Service Desk Hours)
- Reserves, Periodicals and Microforms
- Special Collections & Archives - by reservation only
- Teacher Curriculum Center
- Closed: Library Exhibit Gallery, Gohstand Reading Room, Freudian Sip Cafe
Technology Resources Available
- Library computers for CSUN users - open without reservation
- Visitor computer access - unavailable
- Printing for CSUN users
- Laptop and Tablet checkout for CSUN users
- Creative Media Studio equipment checkout - available at the Library Technology Services Desk
- Recording studio - by reservation only
- 3D Printing - by reservation only
- Assistive Technology Rooms - for registered users
Checking out materials
All circulating items are available for checkout, based on user privileges.
Instruction and Research Resources
Services for Alumni, Friends, and Community
At this time, only current CSUN students, faculty, and staff are allowed in the Library building. Alumni and community members with valid CSUN Library cards can check out books using the Locker Pickup service.
See Library Access, Borrowing, and Resources for Friends, Alumni, CSUN Affiliates, and Visitors for more information.