Construction Notice: Library Entrance
Due to ongoing construction work on the south portico, CSUN students entering the library must approach the main entrance from the southwest side of the portico, near Bayramian Hall. Users with locker pickups must access the lockers from the east portico, across from Sequoia Hall (see detailed map of construction zone). Thank you for your patience as we make necessary improvements to the University Library.
News & Updates
- The University Library building, its collections and most services are OPEN for CSUN students, faculty (including emerits and adjuncts) and staff and only users who meet the Library Entrance Requirements may enter
- Laptops and tablets will be available for checkout.
- BibliU e-textbooks still available to current CSUN students
- Check the Matadors Forward Fall 2021 Planning Gateway for current information about campus access and services
Coming to the Library
Hours Today: 7:45am to 10:45pm
More Library Hours
- Only current CSUN students, faculty (including emeritus and adjuncts), and staff who meet the Library Entrance Requirements are allowed inside the Library. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (818) 677-2274
- No reservations are required to enter the Library
- Masks are required to be worn inside the Library at all times, as per University Health and Safety policy.
- Read the "Health and Safety" sections of the Matadors Forward Fall 2021 Planning Gateway for guidelines for returning to campus
- No food or drink allowed in the Library, except for water bottles
- All floors and stacks are open
- Reserve a study room
- Library floor maps
- Library Health and Safety Practices during COVID-19
- Service Desk Hours
- Library computers are available to authorized Library users without a reservation
- Creative Media Studio - by reservation only
- Guest Services Desk: main collection checkout
- Locker Pickup Service
- Learning Resource Center—see LRC website
- Library Technology Services Desk
- Campus IT Help Desk
- Map Collection
- Music & Media
- Reference Desk (see Service Desk Hours)
- Reserves, Periodicals and Microforms
- Special Collections & Archives - by reservation only
- Teacher Curriculum Center
- Closed: Library Exhibit Gallery, Gohstand Reading Room, Freudian Sip Cafe
Technology Resources Available
- Library computers for CSUN users - open without reservation
- Visitor computer access - unavailable
- Printing for CSUN users
- Laptop and Tablet checkout for CSUN users
- Creative Media Studio equipment checkout - available at the Library Technology Services Desk
- Recording studio - by reservation only
- 3D Printing - by reservation only
- Assistive Technology Rooms - for registered users
Checking out materials
All circulating items are available for checkout, based on user privileges.
Instruction and Research Resources
Services for Alumni, Friends, and Community
At this time, only current CSUN students, faculty, and staff are allowed in the Library building. Alumni and community members with valid CSUN Library cards can check out books using the Locker Pickup service.
See Library Access, Borrowing, and Resources for Friends, Alumni, CSUN Affiliates, and Visitors for more information.