Overview and Mission
In support of the Oviatt Library's Educational Mission, the Library is an active participant in Academic Assessment at CSUN. The Library has a unique role as both a provider of information resources and services, as well a provider of instruction, the library faculty identified three areas for outcomes assessment: Information Competence Outcomes, Objectives for Library Collections, and Objectives for Library Services.
Charge of the Library Assessment Team
The Library Assessment Committee will serve to: a) investigate and recommend methods for assessing library outcomes including, but not limited to: information competence, library collections, and library services; b) promote participation in library assessment projects;. c) assist in the review and interpretation of assessment data; and d) recommend changes to the Library Assessment Plan as needed. The Library Assessment Committee may form specialized subcommittees to review and develop recommendations concerning specific aspects of the Committee's Charge.
The Committee will consult with other library committees, departments, and personnel, as well as relevant campus entities as appropriate.
- Charissa Jefferson, Academic Assessment Liaison
- Laurie Borchard, CAT Representative
- Chris Bulock
- Ahmed Alwan
Using the Website
The information on the Library Assessment Website utilizes a tabbed structure to navigate across functions of assessment.
- Assessment Plan describes our objectives in three functional areas: Information Competency, Library Collections and Library Services. A 5-yr plan informs future objectives in assessment across these areas.
- Resources makes available external information beneficial to assessment project planning and execution.
- Current Assessments aggregates library assessments for the current year.
- Archives links to assessment reports, publications and data from previous years.