Are you planning an Oviatt Library assessment?
The following are resources intended to provide support for planning and executing assessmments.
You may also wish to consult Library Assessment Tips &Techniques (Oviatt Library) or schedule to meet with the Assessment Team.
Institutional Review Board (IRB) information:
If you are interested in sharing the assessment data that you gather on your participants outside of CSUN, then you must apply for IRB approval before you begin your project. There are two forms that you will need to fill out, which can be found listed under Human Subjects Protocol Forms. You will need the forms titled "Faculty HS Protocol Form" and "Project Information Form".
These forms will be submitted to CSUN's Research and Sponsored Projects Office.
- Surviving the future : academic libraries, quality, and assessment / Gail Munde and Kenneth Marks
- Divided Libraries : Remodeling Management to Unify Institutions / Webb T.D.
- Libraries beyond their institutions : partnerships that work / William Miller, Rita M. Pellen, editors.
- Library assessment in higher education / Joseph R. Matthews.
- Facing the Future - Think Like a Startup
- Space Assessment as a Venue for Defining the Academic Library
- Updating your tool belt
- Assessment of Learning during Library Instruction
Assessment Sources on the Web
- ACRL - Value of Academic Libraries (VAL)
- Standardised library instruction assessment: An institution-specific approach
- Disocovering the Impact of Library Use and Student Performance
- Assessment Issues (ACRL)
- Linking Library Use to Student Success (VAL)