As part of our celebration of CSUN’s 50th anniversary in 2008-2009, the Oviatt Library invited CSUN students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members to come with a friend or relative to discuss and record a memorable CSUN experience.
Library staff took photos at the time of recording, and sent an audio CD to each interviewee once the interview had been processed. Audio segments were then selected for posting online with photos. Visitors to the web site were invited to respond to the posted audio snippets with their own memories.
- Project manager: Elizabeth Altman, Web Services Coordinator
- Project sponsor: Marianne Afifi, Associate Dean
- Project research: Dean Arnold, Music & Media Supervisor
- Recording technology consultant: Michael O’Connor, Student Assistant
- Systems setup: Michael McFarland, System Support Specialist
- Photography: Michael O’Connor and David Morck, Student Assistants
- Recording: Michael O’Connor, Elizabeth Altman
- Audio editing & transcription: Elizabeth Altman, David Morck
Thanks also to Eric Willis, Library Systems Administrator, and Jason Billick, Logistical Services Supervisor for their assistance