Student Learning Objectives
GRI assignments support the course learning objectives as per the instructor's preparations.
- Information Assessment: Determine the nature and extent of the information needed, through identifying keywords, subjects or other descriptive terms across popular, scholarly, primary and secondary sources.
- Utilization: Navigate disparate information systems through the strategic use of keywords, subjects and other descriptive term searches. Identify the type of information needed; alter search strategies as required.
- Evaluation: Critically evaluate information resources through identifying contexts, subjectivity, and reliability of sources.
- Integration: Effectively integrate information resources into course assignments.
- Information Ethics: Understand the legal and ethical use of information regarding plagiarism and attribution.
- Students learn to identify and evaluate primary sources
- Students engage in critical and analytical thinking with regards to primary sources
- Students intellectually connect primary and secondary sources