Telephone: (818) 677-2277
Chair: Kathy Dabbour
Secretary: Veronica Muncal
Reference Room Coordinator and Reference Collection Bibliographer:
Coordinator of Instruction and Information Literacy:
Please contact Coleen Martin (Outreach Coordinator) 677-6396
- Reference Desk: Reference Librarians provide a range of informational and instructional services including assistance in finding specific facts and information; instructing how to use online databases and develop appropriate search strategies; and assisting students in selecting, locating, and using materials to complete assignments. Check the Reference Desk hours for availability.
- In-depth Consultations: Appointments may be made with Subject Specialist Librarians for lengthier consultations on a topic or reference source.
- Email Reference: You may send email reference questions to a librarian by filling out the Librarian Help by E-Mail form. You will get a response within 24 hours, except over holidays.
- Virtual Reference: You can access our 24/7 Online Virtual Reference Chat Room Service. Click "Live Chat" and you can have questions answered in real-time by a reference librarian.
- Text a Librarian: We offer free text messaging reference services (standard message rates apply). Text us at (818) 900-2965. Store the number in your contacts and text us anytime you have a question!Service hours Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm. More about Text a Librarian
- Phone Reference: Call (818) 677-2285 to speak to a librarian during Reference Desk hours.
Librarians offer a range of services to members of the University community including course-related sessions and consultation services. Faculty members are encouraged to consult with their discipline's librarian (see Librarians' Subject Specialties) and/or make a Request for Library Instruction.
The goals of our instructional services are to:
- Provide information competence-based orientation and instruction on library resources and research strategies in a variety of formats to individuals, groups, and remote members of the University community.
- Actively partner with faculty and other campus entities to integrate information competence instruction into University coursework and instructional planning and co-curricular activities.
- Promote information competence to the faculty and administration as an integral part of education and research at California State University Northridge.