1. Budgeting can be hard, and that’s why you need a system in place. In a little less than 20 minutes per month you can master your budget and take control of your finances. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AezoY23Qxq02.
2. Using a budgeting mobile app like YNAB or Mint can help you stay on track throughout the month and keep your budget in check. https://www.policygenius.com/blog/managing-your-money-with-budgeting-apps-the-pros-and-cons/
3. Your savings strategy should start with setting aside 3-6 month’s of expenses in a high-yield savings account for your Emergency Fund. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmM5SCdViKE
4. Take a 30-day spending break is one of the best ways to supercharge your savings and help you figure out what unnecessary items you are spending your money on. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/30-day-spending-break-to-supercharge/id957163760?i=352198228&mt=2
5. The Art of Negotiation is one of the best-kept secrets to unlocking savings in a tight budget. Did you know you could negotiate your rent, your cable bill, your phone bill and even your credit card interest rate? https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/art-negotiation-back-to-basics/id957163760?i=351517739&mt=2
Click here for more articles, books, media and more on Personal Finance from the Oviatt Library.
Shannah Compton Game, CFP®, MBA and Finance Professor