Welcome (back) to CSUN Library!
It’s an exciting time at CSU Northridge. From first-year students starting out their journey in higher education, to transfers, to upper-level students who maybe haven’t physically been to campus in years; new courses, new faculty, new programs, new building names…there’s a lot of new for everyone. And while there’s a lot to look forward to, it can also be very overwhelming.
At the University Library, we want all CSUN community members to feel supported and welcome. The Library is home to some critical programs and services to help you feel ready this semester, as well as hidden gems, friendly staff, coffee, and air conditioning. Here’s a rough-and-ready rundown of some of the helpful things you’ll find in the Library, whether you need research help or just need a break:
- Librarians ready to answer your questions. Find them at the reference desk (UL 1st floor) and online!
- The newly expanded and re-branded Creative Maker Studio
- Best-selling and popular books for leisure reading
- A Calendar of events all year round
- Textbooks in the course reserves, now available at guest services
- The Learning Commons, home to laptop and device checkouts, assistive technologies, collaborative study spaces, and more
- A wide range of materials in our collections: Maps, Music & Media, Teacher Curriculum, and more, as well as digital collections
- The Freudian Sip! Now open 9am-9pm on Mondays through Thursdays, and 10am-5:30pm on Fridays
- Study space throughout the Library, with quiet areas on the 3rd and 4th floors
With so much to explore this year, the Library is here to help. So, here’s to a new school year, a new semester, and new connections!