Services for Students
Use my web pages for your help with your research.
Email me to get help with your research.
Help with citing your sources in APA/MLA.
Library resources for undergraduates.
Library resources for graduate students.
Services for Faculty
Arrange library research and information literacy instruction for classes: Email Me
Please include the course name and number, meeting time, brief description of assignments, number of students, and a first and second choice of dates.
- About: Library Instructional Services for CSUN Faculty (.pdf)
- Please include the course name and number, meeting time, brief description of assignments, number of students, and a first and second choice of dates.
- Add Library services to your course Moodle:
- Library purchase recommendations.
- Find out about Responsible Use of Electronic Resources and get additional information about copyright and fair use from the Copyright Advisory Network, an office of the American Library Association.
- Library resources for faculty.
Subject Specialties and Responsibilities
- Journalism Web pages
- Mass Communication Web pages
- Collection Development Policy Statement: Journalism
- California Government Documents Collection Development Policy
- U.S. Government Documents Collection Development Policy
- Government Publications Links
Library Assessment Coordinator (2002-2012):
- Library Assessment Tips and Techniques
- Oviatt Library Assessment Web Site
- Oviatt Library Assessment Planning Guide
- Oviatt Library Information Competence Instruction Program & Curriculum Alignment Matrix
Project Director, U.S. Dept. of Education Title V, Developing Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSI) Program Grant (2002-2008)
Web Pages for Classes
- Communication Studies Research
- COMS 151: Public Speaking
- COMS 225: Argumentation
- COMS 309: Advanced Public Speaking
- COMS 321: Rhetorical Discourse
- COMS 323: Group Communication
- COMS 356: Intercultural Communication
- COMS 428: Freedom of Speech
- COMS 442: Rhetoric of Peace and Conflict
- COMS 451: Interpersonal Communication
- COMS 454: Communication and Technology
- COMS 600: Core Seminar
- Rhetoric of Women, Gender, and Feminism
- Diversity and the Media: Library and Internet Resources
- Journalism Research Resources
- News Reporting & Writing Research Resources
- Public Relations Research Resources
- Spanish Language Media