Locker Pickup Service is Here!
CSUN students, faculty, and staff can now borrow circulating books and media using our contactless, self-service Locker Pickup Service. You are welcome to pickup your items 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m, seven days a week.
- When you find your item in OneSearch, click the Request link and select Library Lockers from the Pickup Location menu.
- Library staff will retrieve your requested items and place them in a locker located outside Library portico ( see map ).
- The free Luxer One mobile app lets you automatically open your designated locker, pick up your pre-checked out items, and go. Alternatively, an iPad is available at the locker location to enter your assigned numeric or QR code to open the locker.
The same service is offered for books borrowed from other libraries via Interlibrary Loan or CSU+ (see Frequently Asked Questions about Interlibrary Loan).
If you require an accommodation, the Library’s books by mail service is still available.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call (818) 677-2274
Get Books and Media by Mail
Note: Books by Mail service will end as of July 1, 2021, except for those needing accommodations. Current CSUN students, faculty (including Emeritus), and staff can request books and other circulating materials from our collections to be sent to them by mail. Users may request items through OneSearch:
- Search for needed items in OneSearch, and click Sign in to sign into your OneSearch account
- In the record for the item you want, click Request and select Home Address from the Pickup Location menu.
- You will receive your requested materials by mail in about one to two weeks, as item availability, public health, and USPS mail circumstances allow.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (818) 677-2274
Due Dates & Loan Periods
For students continuing in the Fall 2021 semester and other current users, all library books and other materials originally due on June 15, 2021 or during the Spring 2021 semester have been automatically renewed to September 23, 2021.
Books checked out beginning August 24, 2020 will be due as follows:
- Students: 16 weeks + one renewal (while registered or continuing students at CSUN)
- Faculty and staff: 365 days + one renewal (while employed at CSUN or Emeritus)
- CSU+ borrowing: 16 weeks
- Circulating media collection: 60 days
- Friends of the Library and Legacy/Lifetime Alumni Association members: 2 weeks + one renewal (Beginning July 1, 2021 via Locker Pickup Service)
- Other courtesy card holders: temporarily suspended
See Library Fees for Late, Missing or Damaged Items for fee schedule and payment.
Renewing and Returning Items
There are three ways to renew library materials:
- Go to OneSearch and click Log In to log in to your library account and renew online
- Email a renewal request using our online renewal form
- Renew items by phone by calling (818) 677-4745 (available 24 hours a day)
To renew Library technology items, see the Creative Media Studio/Library Technology Service Renewal Guide
Once you have renewed an item the maximum number of times, you must return it. Overdue books cannot be renewed.
There are three ways to return library materials:
- The following Library materials, except laptops/equipment, that can be inserted securely and without damage, can be returned to one of the library’s 11 book drops on campus. The dimensions of the drop slot are 12 inches by 4 inches.
- This includes ALL library books, course reserve books and textbooks and other readings, CDs/DVDs/VHS, small boxed-kits and games from the TCC; and books and videos borrowed from other libraries via Interlibrary Loan/CSU+.
- Book drops are emptied, and materials checked in on a regular basis.
- Library materials, except laptops/equipment, can also be mailed at the user’s expense to:
Attn: Guest Services
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge CA 91330-8327
- For returns of laptops/equipment from LTS/CMS or oversized library materials that do not fit in the book drops, you may return them at the Library during the partial reopening scheduled hours. For more information, call (818) 677-6304.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or call (818) 677-2274 about books and other library materials; or Library Technology Services at (818) 677-6304 or the Creative Media Studio at (818) 677-2595, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org about laptops and equipment.