The Library Technology Services (LTS) desk located on the Main Floor of the Library makes available a variety of technology accessories for 3-hour checkout to current students, faculty, and staff during service desk operating hours. Items such as chargers, adapters, headphones, webcams, graphing calculators, and more are available to use onsite during your time in the Library.
Tech Accessory List
|Micro USB Android Chargers
|Type-C Android Chargers
|iPhone Lightning Chargers
|MagSafe T MacBook Chargers
|USB-C MacBook Chargers
|Apple Lightning to HDMI Adapter
|Mac DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter
|PC DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter
|Type C to HDMI Adapter
|USB-C to USB Adapter
|Apple Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
|Apple USB-C to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
|LG Slim Portable Disk Reader/Writer
|TI-84 Plus Calculator
|Monoprice Hi-Fi DJ-Style Headphones
|CODi Aquila Webcam
|*Actual number of devices available for checkout varies. Please visit us for real-time availability.
All patrons utilizing this checkout service agree to the terms below.
- Accessory checkout is available in person during open LTS service desk hours.
- Borrowers must be current CSUN students, faculty, or staff, hold a valid CSUN ID, and have no outstanding Library fees.
- Items cannot be reserved and are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- All checked out items must be returned to the LTS desk on or before the due date/time.
- An item is not considered returned until all components are returned such as charging cables, adapters, cases, etc.
- Only one of each type of item may be checked out at a time per person.
Fees/Holds for Overdue, Lost, or Damaged Items
If you receive an email or other notice that the item you checked out is overdue and/or billed for replacement, immediately return the item to avoid loss of Library checkout privileges, access to the Creative Maker Studio, and a potential Admissions and Records hold.
- If the item is one day overdue, the item will be marked as lost and an automated replacement fee will be billed to your Library account.
- Replacement/repair fees cover the actual cost to repair or replace the kit and/or its components.
- Any replacement/repair fees accrued must be paid to online by credit/debit card using the University Library Fees storefront to avoid loss of Library checkout privileges.
- Unsettled/unpaid fees may result in an A&R hold placed on your CSUN account, preventing registration or obtaining a diploma.
- If a marked lost item is returned after an A&R hold has been placed on your account, you must alert staff on duty of the hold needing removal. Failure to do so may result in a delay in getting the holds removed.
- Otherwise, it may take up to one business day for a hold to be removed from your account after a replacement/repair fee has been paid.
Device Loaner Program
In collaboration with Campus IT, the LTS desk also loans out laptops, tablets, hotspots, headsets, and webcams for semester-long loans for current CSUN students through the Device Loaner Program. Students must request a device through the Portal and schedule an appointment to pick up at the LTS desk.