Special Requirements for Visitors Entering the Library
Immediately upon entering the Library, all visitors, which includes CSUN alumni, members of the Friends of the Library, people from other CSUs, community members, and the general public must stop at the Guest Services desk located on the main floor of the Library to show staff the email they received verifying their eligibility to come to campus after taking today’s visitor health screening survey. Learn more about Library entry requirements.
Visitors wishing to sign up for a computer workstation must show proof of completion of the health screening survey at the Library Technology Services Desk. Otherwise visitors will be denied access to the Library’s computers.
The University Library has set aside computers on the first floor of the library for community use. The Visitor/Student Computer Stations are located on the last row of PC computers in the Learning Commons Core workstations (next to the LC-8 to LC-11 collaborative study rooms).
However, priority is given to students, faculty, staff, and those using U.S. and California Government Depository materials when there are no other work stations.
As of January 3, 2022 visitor printing and copying is no longer available inside the Library. However, visitors may use the scanning stations located on the main floor, core.
How to use a Visitor Computer Station
- Non-CSUN affiliated visitors can request a workstation by going to the Library Technology Services desk on the main floor of the Library.
- Visitors must present a valid government-issued or school picture ID and show the email verification of the visitor health screening survey.
- A Library Technology Services worker will assign a Visitor/Student Computer Station for each visitor.
- The Library Technology Services worker will then log onto the assigned Visitor/Student Computer Station to begin the 2-hour session.
- Visitors and community users will be limited to 2 hours of workstation use in a 24 hour period.
- CSUN students, faculty and staff may use a CSUN User ID and Password to log into these workstations and do not need to follow these steps.
The following software is loaded on the Windows public stations throughout the library: PC Software List (PDF)
Use of Library computers is subject to the University Policy for Use of Computing Resources.
As per University policy, anyone entering the Library must adhere to the following policies:
- Wear acceptable face coverings (masks) at all times.
- Food may be brought into the Library but must be taken outside to eat. However, it is ok to take quick sips of a beverage while inside the Library to minimize mask removal.
To request visitor computing access please visit the Library Technology Services desk on the main floor of the Library.
To report computer problems please visit the Library Technology Services desk, or call 818-677-6304.