Visitor Computing Access temporarily unavailable until further notice.
Beginning on August 30, 2021 The University Library building, its collections and most services will reopen only to current CSUN students, faculty, and staff. Only users that meet Library Entrance Requirements may enter. Due to this change, Visitor Computing access will be unavailable until further notice. Please visit Fall 2021 Planning: Service Updates for more information.
The University Library has set aside computers on the first floor of the library for community use. The Visitor/Student Computer Stations are located on the last row of PC computers in the Learning Commons Core workstations (next to the LC-8 to LC-11 collaborative study rooms).
However, priority is given to students, faculty, staff, and those using U.S. and California Government Depository materials when there are no other work stations.
How to use a Visitor Computer Station
- Non-CSUN affiliated visitors can request a workstation by going to the Library Technology Services office on the first floor of the Library.
- Visitors must present a valid government-issued or school picture ID.
- A Library Technology Services worker will assign a Visitor/Student Computer Station for each visitor and issue a temporary pin.
- The Library Technology Services worker will then log onto the assigned Visitor/Student Computer Station. Once logged in, the visitor will type in their temporary pin to begin their 2-hour session.
- Visitors and community users will be limited to 2 hours of workstation use in a 24 hour period.
- CSUN students, faculty and staff may use a CSUN User ID and Password to log into these workstations and do not need to follow these steps.
The following software is loaded on the Windows public stations throughout the library: PC Software List (PDF)
Use of Library computers is subject to the University Policy for Use of Computing Resources.
To request visitor computing access please visit the Library Technology Services desk on the first floor of the Library.
To report computer problems please visit the Library Technology Services desk, or call 818-677-6304.