Interactive Display Group Study Rooms
Located on the Second Floor of the University Library in rooms UL 224 and UL 225 are two specialized Group Study Rooms each equipped with a large interactive display that allows students to collaborate on the touch-screen 4k display. These innovative study rooms are ideal for small group meetings, interviews, or small presentations.
Before your reservation, students must check-in at the Library Technology Services (LTS) Desk located on the Main Floor, Core of the University Library.
Each study room features two round tables and chairs to accommodate up to 8 students at a time.
The 75-inch ViewSonic ViewBoard display includes 20-point touch which allows multiple users to simultaneously write or draw on the display's surface using a stylus or finger. The display is also equipped with a slot-in PC to give students the ability to log into the system to access web browsing or other apps installed on the computer. A webcam affixed to the display allows for Zoom meetings and conferencing.
The screen mirroring application Ditto is available on the system and gives users the ability to screen share and mirror up to four personal devices wirelessly for optimal collaboration capabilities. A how-to guide on how to use Ditto is provided for every reservation.
Reserve the Interactive Display Study Rooms up to two weeks in advance.
- Students can book up to a maximum of 3-hours per day, 12 hours per week.
- Group study rooms are available and dedicated for use by current CSUN students (2 or more) with a @my.csun.edu email address and valid CSUN ID for collaborative study and group projects.
- For a no-show during the first 10 minutes of the reservation, the first hour of the reservation is canceled.
- If the student does not show up within 60 minutes of the start of the original reservation, all of the remaining reserved time slots are canceled.
Room Key and Display Component Checkout
Rooms will remain locked and students must visit the LTS Desk before each reservation to check out the Room Key and necessary Display Components for 3-hours. Display Component Kit includes:
|Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Trackpad||1|
|Ditto Screen Mirroring Guide||1|
- Note: If the room key or components are returned late, LTS 3-hour fees will be applied by $1 per hour or portion thereof for each item until all parts are returned.
- All patrons must sign a System and Device Loan Agreement form before checking out Room Key and Components for the first time. Save time and fill out the Loan Agreement Form electronically on AdobeSign before coming in.
- A maximum of 8 people may be in the room at a time.
- By confirming the reservation, students agree that the group study rooms will be used by a group of two or more students.
- The Library reserves the right to ask single occupants -- with or without confirmed reservations -- to vacate a room immediately for a group of two or more CSUN students.
- Noise level for group study spaces must remain reasonable as to not disturb other groups in the Library.
- Posters, notes, and other items may not be hung on walls or windows. Windows are not to be covered or obstructed. Lights must remain on at all times.
- LTS is not responsible for the security of personal items. Any items left in and around the Interactive Group Study Rooms may be removed by Library staff and placed in the Library's lost and found.
- Only current CSUN students with a valid CSUN ID may reserve Library Group Study Rooms.
- Maximum occupancy limits must be followed.
- Repeated no-shows may result in suspension of reservation privileges and/or other Library privileges.
- Students may not move furniture in or out of the study room from adjoining study areas.
Media Scape Tables
Three Media Scape tables are located within the core of the Learning Commons, near the Reference Desk at stations LC-1 to LC-3. Each Media Scape study table has a 42" HD monitor, an HDMI cable, and power outlets located inside the table. Users can connect their personal devices such as a laptop, tablet, and/or phone using the provided HDMI cable to mirror their display to the monitor for interactive collaborative group work.
These tables cannot be reserved online and are instead used on a first-come first-serve basis.
3-Hour HDMI Adapter Checkout
If your personal device does not have an HDMI input, users can check out various HDMI adapters for 3-hours at the Library Technology Services desk.
|Apple Lightning to HDMI Adapter||8|
|Mac DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter||10|
|PC DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter||8|
|Type C to HDMI Adapter||10|