The University Library provides access to computers throughout the building in support of research and learning at California State University, Northridge. Most workstations are restricted to current CSUN students, faculty and staff.
The Library has set aside computers on the main floor for community use. The Visitor/Student Computer Stations are located on the last row of PC computers in the Learning Commons Core workstations (next to the LC-8 to LC-11 collaborative study rooms). However, priority is given to students, faculty, staff, and those U.S. and California Government Depository materials when there are no other work stations available.
- Learning Commons (main floor, core): 52 Windows Desktop PCs, 16 iMacs.
- Library Instruction Labs A, B, C (main floor, core and west wing): 97 Windows Desktop PCs; available for individual student use whenever a class is not being held.
- Learning Commons, West Wing & Creative Media Studio (main floor, west wing): 12 Windows Desktop PCs, 6 iMacs; 1 iMac in Recording Studio bookable through reservation.
- Reserves, Periodicals & Microform (fourth floor, east wing): 23 Windows Desktop PCs; for individual student use only.
- Map Collection (Garden Level, UL 26): 2 Windows Desktop PCs.
- Stations in the "core" area near the escalators on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors: 15 Windows Desktop PCs that may be used by current CSUN students, faculty, and staff.
The following software is loaded on the Windows public stations throughout the library: Core PC Software List (PDF)
The following software is loaded on the 16 iMac computers located in the Learning Commons Main: Core iMac Software List (PDF)
The following software is loaded on the six iMac computers in the Learning Commons West Wing: West Wing iMac Software List (.pdf)
The following software is loaded on the HP computers LIB-WW-007 to LIB-WW-012 in the Learning Commons West Wing: West Wing PC Software List 007-012 (.pdf)
The following software is loaded on the HP computers LIB-WW-013 to LIB-WW-018 in the Learning Commons West Wing: West Wing PC Software List 013-018 (.pdf)
The following software is loaded on the 2 HP computers located in the Map Collection: Map Collection PC Software List (PDF)
Tablet & Laptop Checkout
Library laptop/tablet device checkout are available at the LTS desk. Visit our Laptop, Tablet, & Device Checkout page for a full list of devices available.
Wireless access to the campus network, and the Internet, is available throughout the building. See instructions on how to connect.
Go to the Visitor Computing webpage for information about entry requirements and to learn how to secure a station..
Use of Library computers, laptops and tablets is subject to the University Policy for Use of Computing Resources.
Computer problems should be reported to the Library Technology Services desk, or by calling 818-677-6304.