The University Library provides access to computers throughout the building in support of research and learning at California State University, Northridge. For the Fall 2021 semester, workstations are restricted to current CSUN students, faculty and staff. Visitor Computing will be unavailable until further notice.
- Learning Commons (main floor, core): 52 Windows Desktop PCs, 16 iMacs.
- Library Instruction Labs A, B, C (main floor, core and west wing): 97 Windows Desktop PCs; available for individual student use whenever a class is not being held.
- Learning Commons, West Wing & Creative Media Studio (main floor, west wing): 12 Windows Desktop PCs, 6 iMacs; 1 iMac in Recording Studio bookable through reservation.
- Reserves, Periodicals & Microform (fourth floor, east wing): 23 Windows Desktop PCs; for individual student use only.
- Map Collection (Garden Level, UL 26): 2 Windows Desktop PCs.
- Stations in the "core" area near the escalators on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors: 15 Windows Desktop PCs that may be used by current CSUN students, faculty, and staff.
The following software is loaded on the Windows public stations throughout the library: Core PC Software List (PDF)
The following software is loaded on the 16 iMac computers located in the Learning Commons Main: Core iMac Software List (PDF)
The following software is loaded on the six iMac computers in the Learning Commons West Wing: West Wing iMac Software List (.pdf)
The following software is loaded on the HP computers LIB-WW-007 to LIB-WW-012 in the Learning Commons West Wing: West Wing PC Software List 007-012 (.pdf)
The following software is loaded on the HP computers LIB-WW-013 to LIB-WW-018 in the Learning Commons West Wing: West Wing PC Software List 013-018 (.pdf)
The following software is loaded on the 2 HP computers located in the Map Collection: Map Collection PC Software List (PDF)
Tablet & Laptop Checkout
Library laptop/tablet device checkout are available at the LTS desk. Visit our Laptop, Tablet, & Device Checkout page for a full list of devices available.
Wireless access to the campus network, and the Internet, is available throughout the building. See instructions on how to connect.
Visitor Computing (Temporarily Unavailable)
Go to the Visitor Computing webpage for information.
Use of Library computers, laptops and tablets is subject to the University Policy for Use of Computing Resources.
Computer problems should be reported to the Library Technology Services desk, or by calling 818-677-6304.