Two-Week Renewals (CMS Equipment and LTS Calculators):
- CMS equipment such as cameras, tripods, etc. and LTS TI-84 Calculators may renew their items for an additional two weeks.
- Two-week loan items with an active hold list cannot be renewed for an additional two-weeks.
- If you graduated in Spring 2022 and/or will not be enrolled in the Fall 2022 semester items cannot be renewed past September 22, 2022.
Otherwise, items must be returned on or before the due date to either Library Technology Services or the Creative Media Studio during service desk operating hours.
- Go to OneSearch and click “Sign In” on the top right corner to log in to your library account.
- Click on the option “Student and employee login” on the pop up menu
- Log in with your CSUN portal account information. You may need to confirm the log in with DUO multifactor authentication.
- Once you are logged in, choose “My Loans” under your name on the top right drop down menu
- Here you will see a list of your Active Loans. To renew, click any item that has the “RENEW” icon. If the item is not renewable, you will see the status “NOT RENEWABLE” (see Reasons for NOT RENEWABLE below)
- If the item was successfully renewed, you will see the status “RENEWED” with the new due date of 2 weeks from today’s date for CMS items and LTS Calculators.
- If the item shows as renewable but you receive the error message, “The due date is already set to the renewed due date” when attempting to renew, this means that your renewal date cannot be extended past the current due date.
This could be caused by one of the cases below:
- You attempted to renew an item that is already renewed for the maximum two-week period or the item has already been renewed two weeks from today’s date.
- You are not enrolled in the Fall 2022 semester and cannot renew past September 22, 2022.
Reasons for "NOT RENEWABLE"
Hover over the padlock icon to see the reason for the block.
- If the two-week loan item you have checked out has a hold list, it cannot be renewed for an additional two-weeks and must be returned by the due date.
- If the item is a 3-hour checkout device, it cannot be renewed and must be returned by the due time.
- If you have an active library fee over $9.99, hover over the icon to see the amount owed.
In order to renew your item, you must pay off the library fee first before you can renew. To do this, select the “FEES” menu option and click on the “Pay” link to see directions on how to pay off your fee online with a credit/debit card or go to the Storefront directly.
- Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the payment to be processed and for any holds to be removed.
- If the item shows as “NOT RENEWABLE” because the item is now overdue you will see the potential fee listed above the due date. The fee in red will display above the affected item.
In order to renew items with a potential fee or please contact LTS at (818) 677-6304 or CMS at (818) 677-2595 or visit us in person during service desk operating hours so we may override the error and renew your item.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Library Technology Services at (818) 677-6304 or the Creative Media Studio at (818) 677-2595 or visit us in person during service desk operating hours.