Located on the Main floor, West Wing of the Learning Commons (adjacent to the Creative Maker Studio) the lab space features high-end HP and iMac computers loaded with industry standard media editing/digital design software.
Twelve HP computers with 32GB RAM and six 27" iMacs can be found across three computer tables within the space. Tables are categorized by the different types of software needs. Edit on these high capacity commuters with large screens for an optimal editing experience.
Computer stations are available on a first-come, first-serve basis or can be reserved using Libcal to guarantee your time on a station. Reservations are only available during open CMS service desk hours and can be made up to 2 weeks in advance up to a maximum of 3 hours per day, 12 hours per week.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late for the reservation, the first hour of the reservation will be canceled.
- If you don't arrive within 60 minutes of the start of the original reservation, all of the remaining reserved time slots will be canceled.
- If there is a student sitting at the computer station during your reserved time, please visit the Creative Maker Studio so we may either move your reservation to another open computer or ask the current user to log out and relocate.
|Station Icon||Station Name||Software List||Computer Numbers|
|Audio/Video iMac Stations||Audio/Video iMac Software List (PDF)||LIB-WW-001 to LIB-WW-006|
|Multimedia Windows Stations||Multimedia Windows Software List (PDF)||LIB-WW-007 to LIB-WW-012|
|S.T.E.A.M. Windows Stations||STEAM Windows Software List (PDF)||LIB-WW-013 to LIB-WW-018|
*In order to access any Adobe CC products loaded on the West Wing computer stations, students must sign in to their Adobe CC account. Adobe CC licenses are available to CSUN students at no additional cost. Please visit the CSUN IT Help Page for more information on how to link your student ID to an Adobe license.
- Use of Library computers is subject to the University Policy for Use of Computing Resources.
- Only current CSUN students may use and reserve the West Wing computer stations.
- Computers can only accommodate one CSUN student per station.
- Repeated no-shows or failure to comply with established policies may result in suspension of CMS privileges and/or other Library privileges.
- The Library is not responsible for the security of personal items. Any items left in the area may be removed by Library staff and placed in the Library's lost and found.
3-Hour Checkout Items
Computer accessories such as headphones, disk writers, card readers, software keyboard covers, drawing tablets, and more are available for 3-hour checkouts at the Creative Maker Studio. Visit our Multimedia Equipment Checkout for a full list of 3-hour items available.
Creative Software Support is available at the Creative Maker Studio during open service desk hours.
Computer problems should be reported to the Library Technology Services desk or by calling 818-677-6304.