Located on the Main floor, West Wing of the Learning Commons (adjacent to the Creative Media Studio) the lab space features high-end HP and iMac computers loaded with industry standard media editing/digital design software.
Twelve HP computers with 32GB RAM and six 27" iMacs can be found across three computer tables within the space. Tables are categorized by the different types of software needs. Edit on these high capacity commuters with large screens for an optimal editing experience.
- iMac Table (Audio/Video Editing Software) -- for a list of software loaded on the six iMac computers, see West Wing Mac Software List (.pdf)
- Middle HP Table (Multimedia Software) -- for a list of software loaded on the HP computers LIB-WW-007 to LIB-WW-012, see West Wing 007-012 PC Software List (.pdf)
- Outer HP Table (Science and Engineering Software) -- for a list of software is loaded on the HP computers LIB-WW-013 to LIB-WW-018, see West Wing 013-018 PC Software List (.pdf)
*In order to access any Adobe CC products loaded on the West Wing computer stations, students must sign in to their Adobe CC account. Adobe CC licenses are available to CSUN students at no additional cost. Please visit the CSUN IT Help Page for more information on how to link your student ID to an Adobe license.
Reserving (Temporarily Unavailable)
Computer stations are available on a first-come, first-served basis or can be reserved using Libcal to guarantee your time on a station. Reservations are only available during open CMS service desk hours and can be made up to 2 weeks in advance up to a maximum of 3 hours per day, 12 hours per week.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late for the reservation, the first hour of the reservation will be canceled.
- If you don't arrive within 60 minutes of the start of the original reservation, all of the remaining reserved time slots will be canceled.
- Use of Library computers is subject to the University Policy for Use of Computing Resources.
- Only current CSUN students may use and reserve the West Wing computer stations.
- Computers can only accommodate one CSUN student per station.
- Repeated no-shows or failure to comply with established policies may result in suspension of CMS privileges and/or other Library privileges.
- The Library is not responsible for the security of personal items. Any items left in the area may be removed by Library staff and placed in the Library's lost and found.
3-Hour Checkout Items (Temporarily Unavailable)
Computer accessories such as headphones, disk writers, card readers, software keyboard covers, drawing tablets, and more are available for 3-hour checkouts at the Creative Media Studio. Visit our Multimedia Equipment Checkout for a full list of 3-hour items available.
Computer problems should be reported to the Library Technology Services desk or by calling 818-677-6304.