The Creative Media Studio at the Oviatt Library now offers 3D Printing services for CSUN students. Stop by during our open hours and learn more about it. Please follow the steps below to print something.
Step 1: Meet with a CMS 3D Printing Assistant
- One-on-one - Bring in a 3D model design of your own on an SD card or Flash Drive, or provide a link to the 3D model you found on a website to the CMS. We will get you started on choosing the preferred settings for printing and submitting your job.OR
- Workshops: Learn about 3D printing, file formats and free and paid 3D printing resources. Get started with 3D modeling software and learn how to set up, choose the best settings, review, and submit your print job.
Step 2: Submission and Review of Print Job
After you submit a print job and receive email confirmation, we will review your project. If we find any errors with your design’s gcode or if there is a need for any modification as described in our policies, you will receive a second email requesting changes.
Step 3: Confirmation of Print
If there are no noticeable issues with your design, we will submit your job to the print queue. We will send you an email when we have an estimated date for completion of the print. This email will also give you an estimated print time*.
*Please note that actual print time may vary significantly and is not guaranteed.
Step 4: Completion
We will send you an email when the print is ready for pick up. Come by and get it. You are now done!
- Students are responsible for their own class project deadlines.
- Please allow two weeks for job completion after review.
- We will not modify the print queue.
- Reprints, just like original prints, will be placed at end of queue.
- 3D models must be submitted as a .STL file.
- Please read through our 3D Printing policies thoroughly before submission.