In 2018, a significant number of CSUN students reported some level of food insecurity. The cost of a textbook, even if it seems low, may mean the difference between succeeding at CSUN and dropping out. As part of the CSU-wide Affordable Learning $olutions initiative, faculty at CSUN have already saved students over $200,000. At the event, you will be able to:
- Meet some of the faculty who have incorporated low to zero cost materials into their courses without compromising quality!
- Learn why this initiative is critical for the success of our students through an interactive panel.
- Find out about grant opportunities to join the AL$ initiative.
- 9:15 - 9:30: Coffee & Refreshments
- 9:30 - 9:45: Welcome Remarks: Library Dean, Mark Stover; Faculty President, Mary-Pat Stein
- 9:45 - 10:00: Intro of AL$: AL$ Team
- 10:00 - 10:20: Faculty Recognition
- 10:20 - 11:00: Faculty Showcase
- 11:00 - 11:30: Student Panel Discussion
- 11:30 - 12:00: Wrap-up
Continental breakfast generously provided through a partnership with The University Corporation.
Please RSVP on our form below by October 15th