Planning a University Library assessment?
If you are conducting or have completed a library assessment, please report it using our Assessment Reporting Form.
Please also consult with the Assessment Librarian, Laura Wimberley.
Institutional Review Board (IRB)
If you are interested in sharing the assessment data that you gather on your participants outside of CSUN, then you must apply for IRB approval before you begin your project. Check out CSUN's Research and Sponsored Projects website for more information on how to apply for IRB approval.
- Assessing liaison librarians: documenting impact for positive change, edited by Daniel C. Mack and Gary W. White
- Surviving the future: academic libraries, quality, and assessment, Gail Munde and Kenneth Marks
Assessment Sources on the Web
- ACRL Information Literacy Framework for Higher Education
- ACRL - Assessment in Action
- ACRL - Value of Academic Libraries (VAL)
- Standardised library instruction assessment: An institution-specific approach
- Discovering the Impact of Library Use and Student Performance