SciFinder Scholar is Chemical Abstracts Service's research tool that provides access to the Chemical Abstracts databases, including Chemical Abstracts, the CAS Registry, and more. A new interface called SciFinder-n is now available, though you may still choose the previous Scifinder Web option.
SciFinder Web is now available!
SciFinder Scholar has implemented a new Web interface that eliminates the need to download and install client software. CSUN currently has access to both the Web version and the client version, but effective June 19 2009 access will only be available via the Web version.
Register for SciFinder Web
In order to use SciFinder Web you must first register. SciFinder's web-based user registration form allows you to create your own SciFinder username and password. After the form is complete, CAS sends an e-mail with instructions for completing the registration process. The registration process requires your CSUN e-mail address.
- Register for SciFinder web access (NOTE: if you are off campus you will first need to authenticate using your CSUN UserID and password).
- Click next
- Enter your contact information (only your e-mail address is required)
- Specify username and password. Username: 5-15 characters (May contain only a combination of: letters, numbers, these special characters: - . _ @). Password: 7-15 characters (Must include at least 3 of the following: letters, mixed upper and lowercase letters, numbers, non-alpha characters (, @ # % *))
- Select a security question from the drop-down list and provide the answer
- Click register
- A message indicates that you will receive an e-mail from CAS. Check your e-mail to complete the registration.
Connect to SciFinder Web
Once you have registered you may Connect to SciFinder Web