Application deadline: February 20, 2023
The IGRA Fellowship is a one-semester student fellowship that provides a $1,000 award and a paid position as a student assistant in the Library's International Guitar Research Archives (IGRA). It is open to all CSUN Music Majors, though students in the Classical Guitar option are preferred. The IGRA Fellow will work with collection materials in IGRA. IGRA Fellows are selected by the Purcell IGRA Fellowship Endowment Committee, which includes members from the Library and Department of Music.
The IGRA Fellowship is awarded every Fall semester. Complete application packets must include the following:
- Application: Complete and submit the online application, which includes:
- Essay: Write an essay in which you explain why you are applying for the fellowship, what your academic and career goals are, and how working in IGRA will support those goals. What skills, knowledge, or ideas do you possess that might benefit IGRA? Do not exceed 750 words.
- Job application: Upload the University Library Student Employment Application, which should include the name of your employer(s), place of employment, duties, hours/week worked, and dates of employment for your last two jobs.
- Reference Letter: One letter of reference must be submitted on your behalf by a member of CSUN's music faculty, preferably in the guitar area, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants must be full-time CSUN students.
- Applicants must have at least one semester left in their program of study.
- Applicants must commit to working for the Library for one academic semester.
- Applicants must agree to work during IGRA's regular hours of operation.