As a welcome to Oviatt’s celebration of Black History Month, we invite everyone -- CSUN students, staff, faculty and community members to share their thoughts on why Black history matters.
Participants may have their comments captured to video with the help of staff in Oviatt’s Creative Media Studio (CMS) or submit their own video.
To participate in person please fill out the form below.
Make Appointment to Film a Video at the Creative Media Studio
Submit your own Video
Please follow these guidelines:
- Include your name (and if you’d like, your affiliation) at the beginning of the video
- Try to keep the video to about 30 seconds in length
- Use an MP4 or .mov format. If you’re unsure of your file format, ask the CMS for help.
- Use high quality sound in a quiet place
- Use good lighting
- Don’t use music
- Video should be shot in landscape (horizontal) mode
- Name your file using your first and last name followed by _BHM (example: MattieDoor_BHM.mov)
- Download, sign, scan or take a photo of the signed release form. Save it as a PDF or jpg and name it with your first and last name followed by _BHM (example: MattieDoor_BHM.pdf)
- Submit your video and release form to Box using the following link Why Does Black History Matter at box.com or use the box.com widget below.
For more details on video settings see “YouTube encoding settings” at recommended upload encoding settings.
Contact Jackie Zak at email@example.com with any questions.