While in-person reference and research services have been suspended, students, faculty, and other researchers can request access to materials in Special Collections and Archives by requesting duplications. During the COVID-19 crisis:
- Fees for PDF scans for all users will be waived.
- Requests will be prioritized accordingly:
- First priority - requests placed by CSUN students
- Second priority - requests placed by CSUN faculty and staff
- Third priority - requests placed by researchers who are unaffiliated with CSUN
- Extensive scanning orders will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, regardless of CSUN status or institutional affiliation, and may be slower or impossible to complete.
- Materials available in other parts of the Library will not be scanned. Please see information about how to borrow, return, and renew circulating items during COVID-19.
Note: Requests submitted by researchers unaffiliated with CSUN may take 6 months or more to fill.
Before submitting a request, please review the Duplication Fee Schedule. After you submit the form, Special Collections and Archives staff will contact you to determine the total cost (if any), send instructions for payment (if needed), and provide an estimated delivery date. Payment must be received before orders can be filled. Special Collections and Archives reserves the right to restrict copying from any of its collections, and in certain cases to deny requests for duplications. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.