Don’t let Finals stress get you down. Whether you need a good place to study, help with research, or even a little break, CSUN University Library is here for you.
In December during Finals prep and Finals Week, the Library will host a variety of activities to support your studies and your well-being.
Open Earlier and Later
We have extended hours from December 9th through December 19th. See Library Hours for more information.
Good to Know
- Freudian Sip & café tables with chargers – Main Floor, Lobby
- Ask questions and get research help at the Reference Desk – Main Floor, Learning Commons.
- Check out course materials from Course Reserves – Guest Services desk, Main Floor, Lobby (directly across Freudian Sip)
- Individual and group study rooms can be reserved on LibCal. Same-day reservations are okay but study rooms can fill up fast.
- Check out chargers, laptops, graphing calculators, and other devices from the Library Technology Services (LTS) desk – Main Floor, Learning Commons.
- Use editing software and get multimedia support at the Creative Maker Studio – Main Floor, West Wing
- Get writing support at the Learning Resource Center – 3rd Floor, East Wing
- A variety of seating options on every floor, with two different noise policies depending on location: collaborative study or quiet study
- Find a quiet place to focus and individual study spaces – 4th Floor and "The Quiet Study Lounge," 4th Floor, East Wing
For more research assistance from the Library, check out our online tutorials and subject guides or get in touch with a subject specialist.
Here to Help
Have a question? Ask a Librarian.
Stress-less Activities at the Library
Last Minute Research Clinic
Procrastination happens--we don’t judge. Drop-in on this research workshop with a Librarian to ask questions and get help finding resources. Two clinics offered:
- Monday, Dec. 5, 4:30pm-6pm on Zoom (join Zoom ID https://csun.zoom.us/j/89953372051)
- Tuesday, Dec. 6, 4:30pm-6pm, University Library, Lab A (Main floor, Learning Commons)
Monday December 12th through Tuesday December 20th on the Main Floor of the Learning Commons. The good, the bad, and the in-between – tell us how finals are going on our graffiti board!
Build Your Own Finals Survival Kit
Go into finals week feeling prepared by creating your own Finals Survival kit: stickers, snacks, pencils, and more!
Check-out Board Games
Board Games available at Guest Services
Take a break and play one of your favorite board games. Board games can be checked out at the Guest Services Desk in the lobby all week long.
Board Game and Tabletop Club: Finals DeStress Game Jam
CSUN Board Game Club members will be hosting board game study breaks. Stop by for a short game or spend a little more time to play a longer game as well!
Need a more immersive escape? Bring your friends to the Creative Maker Space and take a turn in the VR room!
Relaxing Videos on the Media Wall
Stop by the ASRS Viewing Room, Main Floor, East Wing and catch some of our fun, cute, and relaxing videos.
Health and Wellness
Restless at home? Stay active, refresh, re-center, or relax!
- Guided Meditations & Yoga
- CSUN Oasis Wellness Center Classes
- UCLA Guided Meditations
- Omega Institute for Holistic Studies
- Yoga With Adriene
- Fitness Videos & Classes
- CSUN Student Recreation Center Virtual Exercise Classes
- Workout Videos by Fitness Blender
- Dance Party Workouts by MadFit
- Relaxing Sounds & Visuals
- Free Mindfulness Apps
- UCLA Mindful App
- Headspace (free for LA County residents)
- Mindfulness Coach
- Healthy Minds Program App
Animals and Nature
Live webcams of animals and nature!
Arts and Entertainment
Find fun crafts and activities online!
- Fun Online Activities
- Google Arts & Culture: Virtual Coloring Book
- Adult Coloring Pages
- Origami Guidebooks
- Pop Virtual Bubble Wrap
- Sing King Free Karaoke Tracks
- Virtual Museum Exhibits
Play a game, build a puzzle, or attempt to solve a virtual escape room!
- Virtual Games
- Virtual Puzzles
- University Library Custom Puzzle: The University Library
- University Library Custom Puzzle: A Campus Squirrel
- Virtual Escape Rooms
Movies and TV
Find a movie or TV show to watch while you unwind!
- CSUN University Library Streaming Video
Not finding what you want to watch at the Library? Watch free movies and TV shows with one of these ad-supported streaming services!
- Other Streaming Services
Feeling stressed? You're not alone! CSUN has lots of campus resources to help support you through finals season.
- University Counseling Services
- Klotz Student Health Center
- Food Pantry
- Children’s Center
- Pride Center
- Disability Resources and Educational Services
- NCOD: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
- Women’s Research and Resource Center
- Veterans Resource Center
- International and Exchange Student Center
- Learning Resource Center