Don’t let Finals stress get you down. Whether you need a good place to study, help with research, or even a little break, CSUN University Library is here for you.
From November 16 through Finals Week, the Library will host a variety of activities to support your studies and your well-being.
- Wednesday 11/22 - open till 4:45pm
- Thursday 11/23 through Saturday 11/25 - CLOSED
- Sunday 11/26 - open 12pm to 7:45pm
- Friday 12/8 to Sunday 12/17 - open 7am to 2:45am Extended Hours
- Monday 12/ 18 - open 7am to 9:45pm
- Goat Therapy Kick-Off De-Stresser -- Thursday, 11/16, 11am through 1pm on Sierra Quad North Lawn
- Hybrid Workshops for Stress Reduction, Study Skills, and Research Support -Wednesday 11/29 from 12:15 through 2pm, in-person at the Library and online via Zoom. Refreshments will be served in-person.
- UL251 (2nd Floor, East Wing inside the TCC/M&M)
- Zoom information for both sessions:
Meeting ID: 838 0340 5577
- Workshop details:
- Come in-person and grab a snack starting at 12:15pm
- 12:30 to 1pm - "Find Your Focus" Workshop presented by University Counseling Services.
- 1pm to 2pm - Last Minute Research Clinic with Librarian Brianna Limas.
Stress-less Activities at the Library
Build Your Own Finals Survival Kit (Main floor lobby) Wednesday 11/29 through Monday, 12/11
Go into finals week feeling prepared by creating your own Finals Survival kit: stickers, snacks, pencils, and more!
- Wednesday 11/29, 11am to 12pm
- Friday 12/1, 3pm to 6pm
- Monday 12/4, 10am to 3pm
- Tuesday 12/5, 11am to 5pm
- Wednesday 12/6, 1pm to 4pm
- Thursday 12/7, 2pm to 7pm
- Friday 12/8, 10am to 3pm
- Monday 12/11, all day while supplies last!
Arts & Crafts
Come join the fun in person with our arts & crafts tables in the Library Lobby.
- Stress-Less Coloring - during Library Open Hours Thursday 11/17 through Friday, 12/8
- Button-Making with Creative Maker Studio: CMS will facilitate button-making; "press your stress" into a fun accessory!
- Tuesday 11/28, 1pm to 4pm
- Wednesday 12/6, 10am to 1pm
- Thursday 12/7, 11am to 2pm
- Mindful Origami: folding papers and instructions will be provided; interrupt the overwhelm with this calming craft - Thursday 11/30, 1pm to 3pm
11/27 through 12/18 on the Main Floor of the Learning Commons. The good, the bad, and the in-between – tell us how finals are going on our graffiti board!
Check-out Board Games
Board Games available at Guest Services
Take a break and play one of your favorite board games. Board games can be checked out at the Guest Services Desk in the lobby - 11/20 through 12/18
Board Game and Tabletop Club: Finals DeStress Game Jam
CSUN Board Game and Tabletop Club (visit on Instagram) members will be hosting board game study breaks in the ASRS Viewing Room. Stop by for a short game or spend a little more time to play a longer game as well!
- DATES TBD
Need a more immersive escape? Bring your friends to the Creative Maker Space and take a turn in the VR room!
Relaxing Videos on the Media Wall
Stop by the ASRS Viewing Room, Main Floor, East Wing and catch some of our fun, cute, and relaxing videos.
Good to Know
- Freudian Sip & café tables with chargers – Main Floor, Lobby
- Ask questions and get research help at the Reference Desk – Main Floor, Learning Commons.
- Check out course materials from Course Reserves – Guest Services desk, Main Floor, Lobby (directly across Freudian Sip)
- Individual and group study rooms can be reserved on LibCal. Same-day reservations are okay but study rooms can fill up fast.
- Check out chargers, laptops, graphing calculators, and other devices from the Library Technology Services (LTS) desk – Main Floor, Learning Commons.
- Use editing software and get multimedia support at the Creative Maker Studio – Main Floor, West Wing
- Get writing support at the Learning Resource Center – 3rd Floor, East Wing
- A variety of seating options on every floor, with two different noise policies depending on location: collaborative study or quiet study
- Find a quiet place to focus and individual study spaces – 4th Floor and "The Quiet Study Lounge," 4th Floor, East Wing
- For more research assistance from the Library, check out our online tutorials and subject guides or get in touch with a subject specialist.
Here to Help
Have a question? Ask a Librarian.
Health and Wellness
Restless at home? Stay active, refresh, re-center, or relax!
- Guided Meditations & Yoga
- Fitness Videos & Classes
- Relaxing Sounds & Visuals
- Free Mindfulness Apps
Animals and Nature
Live webcams of animals and nature!
Arts and Entertainment
Find fun crafts and activities online!
- Fun Online Activities
- Virtual Museum Exhibits
Play a game, build a puzzle, or attempt to solve a virtual escape room!
- Virtual Games
- Virtual Puzzles
- Virtual Escape Rooms
Movies and TV
Find a movie or TV show to watch while you unwind!
Not finding what you want to watch at the Library? Watch free movies and TV shows with one of these ad-supported streaming services!
Feeling stressed? You're not alone! CSUN has lots of campus resources to help support you through finals season.
- University Counseling Services
- Klotz Student Health Center
- Food Pantry
- Children’s Center
- Pride Center
- Disability Resources and Educational Services
- NCOD: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
- Women’s Research and Resource Center
- Veterans Resource Center
- International and Exchange Student Center
- Learning Resource Center