Food, Nutrition and Health Public Policy Event
Empowering individuals to become effective advocates for food access, nutrition and community health!
- Innovative food, nutrition and health policies affecting professionals and the public.
- How citizens, local health departments, community organizations, and policymakers collaborate to enhance our public's health.
- Ways to take action and get involved in public policy!
Eric Handler, MD - Co-Founder of Wate Not OC Coalition
Panels & Workshops Featuring Representatives From:
- L.A. County Dept. of Public Health
- L.A. Food Policy Council
- CA Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- California Food Policy Advocates
- Food Recovery Network
- CSUN Food Bank
- The Institute for Community Health & Wellbeing
- The office of City Council Member Paul Koretz
- UCLA Fielding School of Public Health
- CSUN Psychology Department
- CSUN Campus Dining
- Institute for Sustainability
This is a FREE event and light refreshements will be served. 5 FREE CPEU's requested for RD/RDN and DTR professionals.
CSUN’s Dietetic Internship Program, Kappa Omicron Nu Honor Society, The Marilyn Magaram Center, CSUN's Oviatt Library, The Institute for Community Health & Wellbeing, Los Angeles Country Department of Public Health, Camino