Please join us as the CSUN University Library celebrates LGBTQ+ Pride Month, and create your own Pride buttons at our button-making station in the Main Floor Learning Commons!
Every year in June, Pride Month honors the 1969 Stonewall Uprising, widely regarded as a turning point for LGBTQIA2S+ rights in the United States. On this page, you can learn about how the University Library is celebrating Pride Month, check out Pride events in the Los Angeles area, and browse recommended books and resources.
Make Your Own Pride Buttons
On June 15th and 20th from 2-4pm, stop by our button-making station on the Main Floor to create your own Pride buttons! Choose from a variety of Pride identity flags and pronouns so you can show off your Pride in style.
Pride Month Media Wall Slideshow
Come check out our Media Wall Slideshow featuring photographs and other materials from the Bullough Collection on Sex and Gender in Special Collections and Archives. Located on the Main Floor, East Wing of the Library in the ASRS Viewing Room. See map of the Main Floor.
Interested in attending an in-person Pride celebration? Check out some of these local events happening this month!
Many Los Angeles Public Library branches are offering a wide variety of free events for all interests and ages, both online and in-person, centering around LGBTQIA+ Pride. Highlights include:
- June 8, West Valley Regional Branch - Celebrate Pride Month With Our Artist in Residence: Debra Disman
- June 12, Chatsworth Branch - Rainbow Paper Hearts
- June 12, (Online) Granada Hills Branch - Film Club Discussion: Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (1994)
- June 17, West Valley Regional Branch - Understanding Personal Pronouns
- June 21, Chatsworth Branch – Rainbow Bracelets
- June 22, (Online) Mark Twain Branch - Sci-Fi Short Story Club
- June 24, Central Library - Out & Around: Documentary & Discussion
- June 26, (Online) Sherman Oaks Martin Pollard Branch - Book Club: The Guncle by Steven Rowley
- June 27, (Online) Central - Virtual Film Discussion: Weekend
Websites & Resources
- CSUN Pride Center & Pride Center Resources
- Los Angeles LGBT Center
- Los Angeles Public Library - LGBTQIA Resources
- Library of Congress - LGBT Pride Month
Check out our Virtual Book Display for even more titles by LGBTQIA2S+ writers that you can access from home.