How do I access reserve materials?
Use the searchbox on this page to locate your materials by course number, or by instructor name.
- The location of your item will be listed when you click on the individual title.
- You must bring your current CSUN ID to the specified location in order to check out reserve materials.
- Most reserve materials are available for a limited loan period. Items listed as Library Use may not leave the library.
- Click here for Class Search to find your course ID.
How long may I borrow a reserve item?
- Loan periods vary, anywhere from one hour to two weeks.
- Most textbooks are for two hours due to high demand. They may be renewed, but must be physically brought back to the Reserves service desk to do so. Renews may be declined if someone else has asked for the book.
- Scanners are available in the library to scan pages you may need for class. Ask at the service desk for details.
- Return all reserve items to the service desk. Do not place in a campus drop box. You are responsible for any fees due to failure to return an item on time.
Where are the reserve books, DVDs or other materials?
- Reserves, Periodicals, & Microform (RPM) on the fourth floor, east wing – most textbooks and class materials, including skeleton models and other items.
- Teacher Curriculum Center (TCC) in the library's lower level – Juvenile collection, instructional materials, etc.
- Music & Media (M&M) on the second floor, east wing – Music-related class reserves, CDs, DVDs, etc
My instructor put something on electronic reserve. Where can I access these?
- Many electronic reserves will be accessible through Canvas or Moodle. Please ask your professor or check the course page.
- Other electronic items (such as websites or linked e-journal articles) will be accessible from your professor’s reserve reading list. Search for your course on the Course Reserves search page.