You are here

Main Content


BookEye scannerPlease call (818) 677-2832 or email us at with any questions about duplications.

On-Site Copying

Special Collections researchers make their own duplications in the Special Collections & Archives Reading Room using our BookEye scanner. They can save scans to their own USB drives, or email scans to themselves. Special Collections & Archives staff must carefully review all duplication requests before researchers can make scans.

Restrictions may apply to items, series, or entire collections due to donor agreements, copyright restrictions, or fragility of materials. We reserve the right to limit or refuse duplication. Permission to reproduce does not constitute permission to publish. The scanner cannot be used to scan materials that are not part of the collections in Special Collections and Archives.

Ordering Duplications

To order duplications of materials from the Oviatt Library's Special Collections & Archives, please consult the Duplication Fee Schedule, then submit a Duplication RequestConsult with Special Collections staff as necessary at (818) 677-2832 or

After you submit the form, mail a check or money order (made payable to CSUN Oviatt Library) for the total cost of the copies, the $8.00 processing fee, and $5 shipping charge (if applicable) to:

Special Collections & Archives
Oviatt Library, California State University Northridge
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330

Special Collections & Archives staff cannot fill orders until payment has been received. Orders usually take 5-10 business days to complete. Please call (818) 677-2832 or email us at with any questions.

Permission to Publish

Special Collections & Archives staff may be able to help you determine whether CSUN owns the copyright on materials you may be interested in publishing, reproducing, or including in a public display. Researchers interested in using collection materials in a public display, printed work, audio-visual production, or online resource, should complete and submit a Permission to Publish Request. Special Collections & Archives staff will research the copyright status of the material, and respond to you within 5 business days.

For more information about our ability to give permission for publication of materials in our collections, see Permission for Publication.