California State University, Northridge
The University Library is committed to supporting social justice and inclusive excellence, celebrating the diversity* within our library and campus and engaging the myriad backgrounds and talents of our community through the following actions:
- Cultivating physical and virtual spaces that are inclusive, welcoming, and safe
- Creating resources and services that support the diverse backgrounds and interests of students, faculty, staff, and the greater CSUN community
- Aspiring to engage and collaborate with campus and community groups to support their educational, social, and cultural equity goals
- Promoting and supporting the recruitment, hiring, and retention efforts to increase and ensure continued diversity
- Adapting to the diverse needs of our users and employees through continual improvement
The University Library pledges to uphold the shared responsibility of these values and acknowledges that this work must be ongoing and iterative.
*See ALA Office for Diversity, Literacy and Outreach Services (ODLOS) glossary of terms for definitions of diversity, equity, and inclusion.