SOAR endeavors to assist faculty in various ways to make the transition from closed publications to open access self-archiving. As a result the University Library and the SOAR repository provide the following services:
- Scholar Spotlight - "Assisted self-archiving" & profile page creation [see full details here]
- Data Management Planning & Grant Writing Templates / Letters of Support
1. Scholar Spotlight:
As an engaged and active scholar, you are likely aware that institutional repositories like ScholarWorks offer open access to a range of resources including peer‐reviewed articles, pre‐prints, graduate theses and dissertations, creative works, presentations, data sets, and more.
Now CSUN ScholarWorks introduces its latest service, Scholar Spotlight. We offer this full‐service program to expand the online impact of your research, and highlight the depth and breadth of CSUN’s scholarly accomplishments.
Join Scholar Spotlight. It’s easy!
Send us a copy of your CV.
We will take care of the rest.
What we do:
- We will research deposit policies of your publishers, and identify publications that can be added to the repository.
- We will obtain digital copies, scanning print if necessary.
- Finally, we will upload your work into your author section, providing metadata and ongoing digital preservation support for your scholarship.
2. Data Management Planning
SOAR provides a stable base for the saving of data sets generated by faculty and student research. As more grant funding agencies require DMPs for grant narratives, planning for this is essential. For more information about data management planning, contact SOAR members Andrew Weiss or Business and Data Librarian Isabelle Ramos. Her own pages provide information on DMP here: https://libguides.csun.edu/DMP/