The Library has equipped three assistive technology rooms with a wide range of sophisticated hardware and software designed to increase access to Library resources for students with disabilities. The rooms are located on the first floor of the library next to the Reference Desk in glass study rooms LC-5 to LC-7. Students wanting to use the rooms can obtain a key at the Guest Services checkout desk. They will be asked to present their card from the Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES) that shows they have received training on the equipment.
Each room has the following capabilities:
- Ergonomic chair, and electrically adjustable table
- Windows or Apple desktop
- Scanner with OCR functionality
- Video magnification with text-to speech system
Software available includes:
- Microsoft Edge & Google Chrome web browsers, including access to the Library's Electronic Resources
- Microsoft Office
- NVDA Screen Reader
- JAWS Screen Reader
- Colour Contrast Analyser (CCA)
- ZoomText Magnifier/Reader
- FS Reader
The three AT Rooms have a dedicated color printer located in front of room LC-7. The printer uses the GoPrint Client. Room users can send print jobs directly to this color printer using the computer station inside the room.