- Supervising and ensuring the safety of minor children in the University Library, as in any other public place, is a parent's or legal guardian's responsibility.
- Please do not ask or expect library employees to supervise or oversee the whereabouts or activities of a minor child.
- Please be aware that the University Library is open to the general public, a situation which could present risks to unaccompanied minors.
- Please be aware that as a university library, the CSUN Library’s collection is geared primarily toward adults. It both houses, and provides unfiltered internet access to material(s) that may not be age-appropriate.
- Parents or adult caregivers are responsible for any act of vandalism by a minor including, but not limited to, cutting, tearing, defacing, or destroying books, periodicals, equipment, furniture or any part of the Library facility.
- The Library employee in charge will request that minors leave the premises if the Library Code of Conduct are not followed.
- If a parent or legal guardian cannot be located in a timely fashion, Library personnel will call the CSUN Department of Police Services to take custody of any unaccompanied minors.